Rules for MeaVitae Tokens
Revised 20 July 2022
Customer - any individual who is capable of making a purchase via a credit card regardless whether they are a personal subscriber or their subscription is given to them via another party
MeaVitae Tokens (MVT) - the internal currency used to make purchases from within the MeaVitae online shop and which have a fixed exchange rate
Application - the secure online platform on to which user login and where they can store data, send secure messages and make purchase of products and services through the MeaVitae shop
- MeaVitae Tokens (MVT) are used to make purchases within the Application
- Purchase of tokens must be via credit card through our payment gateway s.upplier, currently Revolut.
- The conversion rate for MVT is that each MVT is currently worth £10 GBP although MaeVitae reserves the right to alter the conversion rate at any time and without notice.
- MVT are sold in whole number denominations.
- Following a valid purchase of MVT through the payment gateway, the number purchased will be allocated to your personal MeaVitae online wallet accessible from within the Application.
- You are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period immediately after purchasing MVT during which you can fund all or some of those tokens purchased providing they have not been spent within the Application.
- Tokens are non-transferrable between customers.
Purchasing Products & Services
- Products and service available to Customers are displayed within the Application
- All prices for products and services (expect physical security keys) are listed in MVT
- Purchases are covered the our Terms of Purchase (found here → https://www.meavitae.com/terms-of-purchase/)
- Upon purchase, the cost of the product or service is immediately deducted from your personal MeaVitae online wallet
- For digital products, these will be made available immediately for use within the Application
- For services, an initial secure communication will be initiated automatically between the Customer and the Vendor who will manage all activities related to the service purchased
- If, following initial contact between a Customer and a Vendor, it is decided that the selected Service cannot be discharged, the Vendor, at their discretion, can return the purchase price in MVT to the consumer.
- If you do not have enough MVT at the time to cover a purchase, you will be prompted to purchase more via our payment gateway
Disputes leading to refunds for Services
- If you have a dispute with a Vendor, you should first attempt to resolve it with them directly.
- Only once an attempt at resolution between the Customer and the Vendor has been attempted will MeaVitae intervene.
- After obtaining all the facts and solely at MeaVitae’s discretion, the purchase price in MVT may be returned to the customer if the dispute is held against the Vendor.
- The Vendor or the Customer can ask MeaVitae to arbitrate or seek external independent arbitration.
- A decision to refund the Customer will be based on the outcome of any arbitration and will be final.
Customer Account Closure
- If a customer closes their account they are entitled to a refund on any Token they have purchased directly via Revolut.
Enterprise Customer - any business or organisations who purchases licences to the Application allowing third parties such as employees or customers to use MeaVitae
- Enterprise customers who intend to gift MVT to others should contact Meavitae directly
- The Enterprise customers inform MeaVitea of the number of MVT required and will be duly invoiced.
- The Enterprise customers must provide a list containing the MeaVitae user accounts to which the MVT will be allocated and the number required for each
- Upon payment of invoice, MeaVitae will allocate the MVT as desired based on the allocation supplied
- The Enterprise customer is responsible for ensuring the allocation information is correct
- Enterprise customer transactions are not refundable and not covered by a 14 day cooling off period
Refunds on termination of contract
- Enterprise purchased MVT that have been allocated are not refundable at the cancellation of a subscription contract